Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another Move!

Ryder is growing! He is up to 3 pounds, 4.6 ounces...exactly 7 ounces bigger than when he was born. He also made another move tonight. Ryder is now a resident of room 1 in the NICU! I'm sure he doesn't care which room he is in, but this is a big deal for mom and dad because room 1 means he's that much closer to coming home with us.

We got the results of the head CT today and they were not what we were hoping for. Some areas of concern are still showing up. The doctors have decided to continue to watch him until Monday. They will do another scan then. If the issues aren't resolved at that point we will talk about other measures to take from there. Please continue to pray with us that God will heal Ryder's little brain as only He is able. Pray also for peace for us. Today was another rough one after hearing what wasn't great news from Ryder's doctors.

We have been so touched by the messages we received through the day to simply let us know that you are praying. Thank you again for praying with us and loving our family.

7 comments:

  1. Conagrats to Ryder on the big move! I love the new look of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you sweet wife. You are a great mom and a great writer. (Great post!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Beth Anne! I have been working with Jeremy on my church's new web design since June and now feel like I know you as well. Just want you to know that I praying for you, Jeremy and Ryder. I know how excited you two are to be parents and I know that Jeremy loves you both very much. I pray for strength, grace and joy amidst the storm. I told Jeremy just today that there are "gifts" on this journey and you will see them often. What an honor to pray for your family and very thankful for the chance to read your blog. I have a blog and love it and it helped me to get through my husband's esophageal cancer last year. You will find this journaling as healing and a great way to keep friends and family updated. May God hold you close.

    In His Grip,
    Paige Easterling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Ryder! It's so good to hear that you are getting bigger and bigger. We'll continue to pray that God will heal your sweet body and that you'll be home in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth Anne,
    I learned of your little miracle's arrival from Kaysey, she updated me and sent me the link to your blog. I just wanted to send you a note that I will continue to be praying for your precious Ryder and for the strength of his mom and dad. I will pray that his little head heals and he will continue to grow and get closer to coming home to both your eager arms.
    I can see God working in your situation already. Its really amazing to me how He show us how He is in control of every situation. As some might think that having a baby is "routine" and not needing God's guidiance through it - as in your situation and in mine when I had my daughter it was something I learned very quickly how much a miracle that He gave to me and I needed Him. I could have lost my daughter too through birth, my placenta abrupted and if the doctors did not move quickly I could have lost her. As in my situation and in yours, even though they are not the same, I pray you will cling to Him and know that He alone is in control. And you will always remember just how precious that his life is, as I am with my daughter maybe more that I would have before.
    God bless you all, Charis "Reecy" Miller and family.
    PS. Ryder and I share a birthday :) Its a great day! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth Anne,
    Danny and I and many, many, friends are praying for your precious little Ryder. He is such a fighter and looks so cute in his PJ's. We are so proud of you and Jeremy and pray for your continued walk with Jesus through all of Ryder's health issues until he's at home in your arms.

    I love your new blog and we keep up with you every day. Keep all the great pictures coming of that cute "little lamb". Blessings..
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. We cannot wait to meet this precious little man! We are all praying for each of you. For strength, patience, endurance, peace and health. I pray Monday will be a great day with nothing but good news. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete