Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ryder's Surgery

Really Beth Anne and I are at a loss for words. I wish I had something witty or fun to share. Instead, I thought I'd go for informative. Ryder has swollen ventricles (brain parts). These ventricles have rapidly increased in size since his birth. Increased size in a limited space (his head) is bad. The ventricles are not allowing fluid to drain properly and the extra fluid is building up. This problem was the result of a hemorrhage that turned into a clot. To help things out the doctors are going to create a way for the ventricles to drain by means of something called a VAD (Ventricular Access Device). If you are just finding this out you are not alone. We just found out today that he was going to have the brain surgery and that it would be tomorrow morning at Cooks Hospital in Fort Worth around 11am. Just imagine the weight that has been dropped on our shoulders- Our baby boy is having brain surgery. So if you are freaking out with us please let your freakage drive you to pray with all the strength that you have. Pray that God's glory would be seen in this. Pray that the surgery would go well and that God would guide the doctors and nurses who will be with our baby. Pray that we will be comforted and find peace in the fact that God is in control and He knew all the details of today and tomorrow long ago. None of this makes sense to us. All we can think is that it's not suppossed to happen this way, but it is. So we want comfort. That comfort is going to have to come from seeing our Creator, Jesus, glorified. We love Jesus dearly and want to remain steadfast in this time for our sweet son and we want anyone around us who doesn't share in that same love to see Jesus made known. Thank you for being so faithful to pray for our family.

5 comments:

  1. I know this is a scary time, but God is in control. He has a purpose and destiny in a time like this and His glory will be revealed. Cooks is the one of the best places for you to be right now- believe me, we know! It is SO hard having your child taken for a major surgery-- and it is perfectly ok to admit that you are scared about it! I pray for peace for both of you, supernatural wisdom and vision for the doctors, and a speedy recovery for the little (BIG) man. --Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you don't know me, I found out about your family through Stephanie White's post on Facebook. I just want you to know that my heart goes out to your family and that I will be praying for you and your little one. I can't imagine the stress y'all must be under, but I will pray that God give you strength and comfort in knowing that He is in control. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalms 5:1-3
    Just like Laura said before, Cooks is an amazing place with some of the best doctors available. We love you guys and will be praying that sweet Ryder's body will grow healthy and strong and that God will heal his brain as only He can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for you. Our little ones are dear to him! Matt 19:13

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you two don't know me, but I work with Beth Anne's father Don. He has given me your blog to follow and I just want y'all to know that we are praying for your family and for baby Ryder. What a strong lil' man he is! I pray that his surgery went well for him and that God gave you two strength and peace! God Bless! Erin

    ReplyDelete