Sunday, October 25, 2009

Need to hear from you...

Today my sweet wife said something that broke my heart. She told me she doesn't feel like she is able to be much of a mommy yet to our new baby boy. Of course I immediately showered her with all the ways I've seen her blow me a way by being such a great mommy to Ryder. It's no wonder she feels this way but I know it's not true. I'm sure you would agree with me.

We have prayed and prayed that God be glorified in our efforts and in our new family and we know that it must be taking place. If God's chief end is to see Himself glorified, then we know that He is more glorified in Ryder's surgeries and shunts than if He had healed Ryder without them. It's difficult, though, to see that glory when trying to view it through all the "gloom" that we have seen.

Now, with both these things in mind, please help us. I need Beth Anne to hear from you regarding how great she is doing as a new mommy. I'm sure you have seen her do something great (cause she's incredible). Also, we both need to hear from you regarding God's glory. In what ways have you seen it? In our efforts? In Ryder's smile? In your own prayer life? We'll take it all. Please leave a comment to help us.

We love you all so very much and we are so grateful for all that you have done for us. It's so good to hear how many people are praying for us and Ryder. We ask that you continue to do so. Please remember that tomorrow is the day for his surgery. It will be at Cooks around 1pm. Look forward to hearing your stories. Take care.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my sweet friend! With a thousand miles in between us, I haven't gotten to see you in action, but with everything I know about you I am positive that you are the perfect mother for Ryder. You are such a kind, loving, warm person and apparently your strength is incredibly deep. I honestly don't know how I would handle the situation you are in, but I see through these pictures that you continue to be one tough woman, and mommy. Beth Anne, you have to know that you are absolutely, 100% the best mom for and to Ryder, or you wouldn't have been blessed with him!
    And Jerm, in our family we don't sit around having great theological debates or a lot of deep spiritual conversations so it has been incredibly enlightening and really sweet to see your heart on display here in your posts. Not only is it amazing for the world to see God work through your beautiful son, it is also touching to see how God has worked in and through your life to bring you to this point. What an amazing man (and father) you have become!
    We love all of you and will continue to pray for strength and comfort for the three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth Anne! God made you Ryder's mommy for a reason! No other woman in the world could be his mommy because God designed you specifically for this role! Read Isaiah 49:15. God likens the relationship between a mother and her baby to the relationship that He has with his people. As mother's, we have the first opportunity to introduce God to our children. Ryder is learning how the Lord cares for him through your nourishment, your love, and your comfort. Ryder is the luckiest little boy alive to have you as his mommy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see God's glory reflected in the faith you both have as I read through this blog. The prayers you are praying are not easy. You honor your Savior and your son with your faith.

    I was also reminded of the verse I prayed over when my own son was born 5 years ago. Jeremiah 33:2-3

    "Thus says othe Lord who made the earth, the Lord who formed it to establish it—the Lord is his name: 3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known."

    You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there are times when every Mommy feels like she is not doing a "good enough" job - so maybe the worry itself makes you a good Mommy:) I know that the only thing that really measures a real mom is love, and it is so evident that you could not love that sweet little boy more.

    We have been so blessed by Ryder in many ways. Encouraged by the strength and faith that both of you show and by the way you consistently give God the glory. He has taught our family the amazing way you can love someone you have never met, and really driven home to Maelie that God answers our prayers as Ryder grows stronger and healthier.

    Love all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth anne what a precious woman of God you are. I assure you that your son knows exactly who his mommy is. He knows your smell, your voice and your touch. He knows when he is in your arms and I am willing to bet that, that is his favorite place to be! :) I know it must be hard to feel that way when there is a full staff doing things for Ryder that you would be doing at home but that does not take away from your motherhood. God has ordained you as Ryder's mommy and that is exactly what you are... no lie of the enemy can take that away from you. MUCH love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I read this post it brought tears to my eyes. Being a mom is hard in the first place and when you have a new born even harder. God has given you, Beth Ann, even a harder position, trying to the best mom you can with Ryder in the hospital. God IS good and will conform you more to his image through this. So many days when Cal was born I felt like a bad and helpless mom, Satan was attacking me just like he is attacking you. You are a beautiful Godly woman, wife and mom! Keep pressing on toward the goal!!!!

    ReplyDelete