Friday, October 2, 2009

One Month

Hello Friends. I'm sorry that it has been a week since our last post. There's just a lot to do and we can't seem to figure out how to get it all done. Even though this is the case we seem to have fallen in to a routine. This routine really is God showing us one more way that He is wonderful. From it He has given us peace. We still stop every once and awhile to to think things over and it takes our breath away. But after a few tears and sweet words we pick each other back up.

Can you believe it? Its been a month. We have a son. He is ONE month old! It's just impossible to think through all this. The hardest thing to think about is how much I love my son. I can't begin to measure it. It brings me to tears as I write this; I finally realize that this is how much our dear Lord loves us. Thank you God for such a blessing. While I can't measure Your love, You let me see it in a new way. You are so good to us. This is what Grace is, friends. God giving us something we don't deserve. I couldn't earn this life He has given me if I tried, but I have it and it keeps getting better.Ryder is doing so well. The device the implanted in his head is working great. This means that the ventricles in his head have begun to decrease in size. We have no clue how long that the device will be necessary, but we are praying that it is very effective and that Ryder won't need it for too long.

Ryder is eating well too. Our big man has learned to swallow. This past Sunday was his first time to try eating from a bottle and as of last night he began to finish every bottle that you put near his little face. As you can imagine, he is gaining weight too. On his one month birthday the little dude now weighs 4 lbs 13 oz. When he was born he was 2lbs 15 oz. He has almost gained 2 pounds... in one month!

Thank you all for your prayers. God has carried us through so much in the last month. There is no doubt for us of His goodness. This goodness is especially visible in each of you. We know of so many who are praying for our family. My prayer is that you are drawn into a deeper relationship with God through these prayers and that you will be blessed by God in the same ways He has blessed us.

4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures and I love the good news. I'm so glad to hear he is beefing it up. At this rate he will be out of there and at home in no time. We continue to lift you guys up and pray each day is better than the day before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks SO good! I am so happy to hear the good reports. We will continue to pray for his precious little body and for the Lord's healing hands to rest upon him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear he is doing well! Thinking of you all as you navigate this complicated and wonderful world of parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey little mister! I need some more pictures of you! Tell your mom and dad to get on it. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete